Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

I was able to be with one of my friend's, Joy, over Easter break and go to her house. I had a blast and was actually able to help out with the Sonrise service! :) Some sermon notes from Joy's dad:

Most people didn't value Jesus, even if they were really close to Him. In the same way, people today often don't value the cross. The climax of Easter was when Jesus cried out "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Jesus was utterly rejected. Rejected by the Roman soldiers. By the people He had come to save. By His disciples. By His own Father. Jesus endured rejection for us! He was mocked for not being able to save Himself, but as Robert Coleman says, "He didn't come to the world to save Himself, He came to save the world." And this rejected King became the Savior of the world. Have you praised Him for His willingness to be rejected?!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Wow, it's been a while since I have commented!! I still come by a lot but for some reason when I try to comment it doesn't post. Anyhow, I am glad you had a great Easter.
Ginger:)

paul pauley said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time over Easter. I pray that He will always find us Faithful.
Thanks again for your blog.

Love you lots,

Granddad, "Psalm 91"