Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

silence

During prayer today I realized how many horrible things are happening in the lives of my friends. I see so many people every day, but I rarely know what burdens they are carrying with them.

The death of a grandpa.
A grandma going into kidney failure.
Coming back from a missions trip and not quite sure how to deal with this new information.

What's going on with this world? Has it become more insane lately, or have I just opened up my eyes? Cancer, genocide, modern-day slavery, child soldiers, earthquakes and tsunamis. I was so overwhelmed  tonight that after chapel drama, I decided to go to the prayer room. And I couldn't even pray I had no words. So I sat there in silence. I can't help these people. How can I? I'm only a girl with a smile, and sometimes a half-hearted one at that. What can I do?

2 comments:

Linda said...

Cry out to Jesus.

Prayer does more good than we think. Just sitting there in silence....God still knows our thoughts and our heart. If all we can give is tears and sobbing...the Holy Spirit will tell Him what we want to say.

When the troubles of this world come pressing in, keep your eyes focused on God and Heaven. Things of this earth will surely pass away. But God is for eternity.

Suz said...

I love what the last post-er had to say... I second it all... I feel the same so often(as your own heat-cry)... I just pray I am open to His leading and soft enought to hear His promptings... The blessing is as rich in the giving of the kindness as it is for the recipient's receiving of it... <3