Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Not so easy.

So I was in Fargo with my mom the other day, with way too many errands. We were running through Sears when we saw this comforter on clearance. It was 200 dollars, but we got it on major clearance for 30 dollars! :) It's a more funky pattern than I would have chosen, but that's okay. Makes me feel like I'm on safari! :)

So, today I decided to take off the five blankets I was substituting for a comforter. And the bed skirt and pillow sheets I have had since 7th grade. It's so lovely to have a new fluffy comforter!! However, I soon found out it wasn't all loveliness. It was quite a process. 

1) Take off mattress and prop against door.
     --Scream as it falls on top of you
2) Fit the king sized bed skirt on the queen sized bed frame.
     --Carefully wrinkle the skirt on the corner, artistically
3) Try to throw mattress on frame without moving said fabric.
    --Amazed that it worked without destroying a lamp
4) Dig in a pile for QUEEN size sheets.
    --Discover a pair that somewhat matches


5) Brings out pillow sham covers from bag.
    --Shocked they are as big as a toddler
6) Stuff three pillows inside each sham.
7) Grab two other pillows for color.
8) Throw the psychadelic comforter on bed.
9) Disapointed that all that work for the bed skirt is covered up by the huge comforter.




Oh! I finally got curtains for BOTH windows! I live in the basement, so I consider this quite exciting!! :)

1 comment:

The Mom said...

Cute bed set! Have you thought of getting bed risers so you can actually see your bed skirt AND make use of all the lovely space UNDER the bed? All of the beds in our house (except for the crib and bunk beds) are on bed risers. :P I just LOVE that extra space!

BTW, you can get them in the household organizational part in Walmart or most other stores. I've also seen them at Goodwill before too. :)