So, today I decided to take off the five blankets I was substituting for a comforter. And the bed skirt and pillow sheets I have had since 7th grade. It's so lovely to have a new fluffy comforter!! However, I soon found out it wasn't all loveliness. It was quite a process.
1) Take off mattress and prop against door.
--Scream as it falls on top of you
2) Fit the king sized bed skirt on the queen sized bed frame.
--Carefully wrinkle the skirt on the corner, artistically
3) Try to throw mattress on frame without moving said fabric.
--Amazed that it worked without destroying a lamp
4) Dig in a pile for QUEEN size sheets.
--Discover a pair that somewhat matches
6) Stuff three pillows inside each sham.
7) Grab two other pillows for color.
8) Throw the psychadelic comforter on bed.
9) Disapointed that all that work for the bed skirt is covered up by the huge comforter.