Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pride

I have been so incredibly prideful.

I haven't read the Bible consistently in, well I'm going to be blatantly honest....I haven't read it on a consistent basis for about a year. Horrible, right? How could I put God on a shelf? What right do I have to do that? NONE. Yet, all this time I have considered myself a pretty humble person. I read a book on humility once. That should be enough, right? Oy, the longer I live the more I realize I have to learn and re-learn.

Will I ever figure out life?

3 comments:

HIS daughter said...

Thank you for being so blatantly honest. We all have struggles but sometimes it is easier to just pretend they don't exist so good for you!
Honestly...were you are at is the best place we can ever be I believe. It is when we realize how unworthy and unable we are able to do things on our own that the Lord can really start to work and change and grow us. We all struggle with pride but the amazing thing is that we serve a God who is not only the God of second chances but the God of a zillionth and one chances! :)
Praying for you :)
Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is so crazy! The chapel speaker here this week at school said that exact same thing! God is not about second chances, it is way more than that!!

PTL for that :)

Kaylene Elise said...

I hear you. I go through these stages. When I get back in to The Word, I feel profoundly stupid for ever leaving.