Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Energy! No energy required!

I would have taken a picture of my own, but my camera is currently in the shop. Sadness. I found this recipe on pinterest through Gimme Some Oven.

These things are delicious, but be careful! All of that oatmeal can really fill you up. I didn't have any coconut flakes or chia seeds, so I just added in a little more oatmeal and flaxseed. I didn't try honey yet, but the syrup made it very, very sweet.




No-Bake Energy Bites
  • 1 cup dry oatmeal
  • ⅔ cup toasted coconut flakes 
  • ½ cup peanut butter
  • ½ cup ground flaxseed/wheat germ
  • ½ cup chocolate chips
  • ⅓ cup honey/maple syrup
  • 1 Tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
This is an incredibly simple recipe.  Just mix all of the ingredients together, chill for 30 minutes, and roll into balls. Makes about 18 per batch (maybe more...I always sample my treats while I'm making them).

Enjoy!

No comments: