Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Reading questionnaire

I generally don't do tags anymore, but this was book related. how could I resist?!


Do you snack will you read?
Not really, which is strange, because eating is pretty much the best thing in the world.

What is your favorite drink will reading?
Tea, with milk and maybe a pinch of sugar. I can drink it black, but I love watching the milk intermingle.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
I underline, highlight, dog-ear my books. I find it infuriating when I can't find a specific quote and don't understand how people can keep their books in such perfect condition. Besides, I really love when I borrow a book from a friend and I get to see what their favorite parts.

How do you keep your place while reading a book?
Whatever is closest. I have found the most random things in books, from missing toothbrushes to spare change.

Are you the type of person who tends to read to the end of the chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
Some books literally can't be put down and must be read in one sitting. (Nancy Drew in high school, anyone?) The thing about reading to the end of the chapter is that it always ends on a semi-cliffhanger, leaving you wanting more...

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or onto the floor if the author irritates you?
I usually forget that someone actually wrote the story, so I usually yell at the protagonist.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you look it up right away?
Definitely! I love finding new words to add to my vocabulary! (I was so embarrassed when I discovered the meaning of the word detrimental a couple years ago - I thought it meant necessary)

What are you currently reading?
Oh, about seven different books. Making the most progress on Pride and Prejudice by the lovely Miss Austen and Crazy Love by Francis Chan. Also have Quiet, On the Road, and Eleanor.

What is the last book you bought?
Oh geez, I could have a different answer every day. Today I bought House of Dolls by Francesca Block; Women of the Bible; Vintage Book of Contemporary Short Stories; Beloved by Toni Morrison; and the Poisonwood Bible. I also got the CS4 Photoshop Essentials and Fast Living: How the Church Can End Extreme Poverty through Amazon. Safe to say that I love buying books.

Do you have a favorite time/place to read?
I like to have a big chunk of time. I hate getting sucked into a book and having to leave the characters.

Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
I usually go for stand alones.

Is there a specific book you find yourself recommending over and over?
Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers. Read it. Now. Seriously, why are you still here? Retells the story of Hosea from the Bible and shows God's love for us even though we are constantly turning away. I ended up sobbing on the bathroom floor reading the final chapter.

How do you organize your books?
I just pray that they all fit and I don't have to buy another bookcase. (I currently have five in my apartment!)

No comments: