Pages

Monday, November 19, 2007

Quite the day!

We went into Chicago on Saturday to give out brown-bagged lunches to homeless people. An eye-opening experience. I haven't had a whole lot of experience with the homeless, but generally you avoid too much eye contact with 'them.' Well, after handing out those lunches, I found myself looking for homeless people. A couple people didn't accept it (one said he was just broke, not homeless), but most people readily accepted it. One man even asked if we would pray with him. =)

After the lunches were gone, we were free to do what we wanted. First, we waited for the other group in Millennium park. So we went to the "Bean" aka the Clouded Gate. Then we walked to the Field Museum and saw some really neat exhibits. After that, we walked to Giordano's for some am-mm-mazing pizza. Then we went to the Festival of Lights where floats went by. And lots of fireworks. I would have taken pictures but I couldn't move. So it was basically impossible to get to my camera (which was in my backpack that I was holding). Then we went back to the train station on the Metra and got in a VERY crammed car. Then I collapsed.


How NOT to write an encouraging note

"The Bean"

A man-eating dinosaur?

4 comments:

Ginger said...

It looks like you had bunches of fun!!
Ginger

paul pauley said...

Hi Megan, I hope to see you in person tomorrow or at least on Friday. I want to hear all about your college (excuse me) I mean "University" experiences.

Love from Grandpa, "Psalm 91"

Jen said...

What a fun day it sounds like! And how neat that you could combine a homeless ministry opportunity with a Chicago outing. Great idea! Love your new slideshow in the sidebar by the way... :)

Unknown said...

Wow! That sounds like it was really neat and a lot of fun! I wish I could have been with you.