Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

We are truly amazing

Have you ever really thought about yourself as a Creation from the Maker of the Universe? We are so amazing. God could have made us without the world-renowned thumb. But He gave it to us. He didn't have to give us skin that stretches when we move our hands. And when we scrape ourself, He didn't have to make sure that more skin will eventually grow in its place. Think about how long our bodies last compared to the latest in technology (granted we sometimes do have an occasional upgrade)! Right now I have four holes in my mouth, but eventually I'll probably forget that they're even there. God didn't have to even give us skin, he could have just made us skeletons and we never would have known the difference, but He cares so much for us. And what did we do to deserve it? Absolutely nothing.





For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.


Psalm 139:13-16

Wow.

Now that's amazing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true! After attending the birth of a darling baby girl this week, I can only say - "AMEN!" We are truely wonderfully & fearfully made! How are the wisdom teeth? Praying they're healing quickly!

Goldfish said...

Doing pretty well. Just a little pain, but nothing to complain about. Although, I do wish I could actually smile :) I was so glad I had that picture of Nathanael, it just seemed to go so well with my post! :)