Pages

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Books books books

Who is your favorite author and why? The apostle Paul or Elisabeth Elliot. I just love reading the book of Philippians. Especailly knowing the background of it. Paul was in prison when he wrote that we are to always be joyful! And Elisabeth Elliot-- even though I've only read a couple of her books (Be Still My Soul and Passion and Purity), I think she is such an amazing author. Her peace comes through so well in her writings. She is such an inspiration through all she has been through.

Who was your first favorite author and why? Oh goodness, I have no idea! Probably Dr. Seuss. I mean, can you really argue with green eggs and ham? The man is a genius!


Who is your most recent addition to your favorite authors, and why? CJ Mahaney. As stated in my previous post, I absolutely loved his book Humility: True Greatness.

If someone were to ask you right now- which author would just pop into mind? Corrie ten Boom

I tag--
Alyse><Bethany><Linda
Kris><Jenny><Brittney

3 comments:

Jessica said...

My favorite CP!!!!!!!! I miss you so much and I love your blog, it is so pretty :) Since you asked my favorite author is Isabel Allende since since she´s Chilean! Go Chile!! I´m having tons of fun and look forward to your updates! CP for life!

Maggi said...

Hmm, a questionable website, does that mean if I ask questions?

So, if I'm tagged, I'm supposed to answer, huh?

Maybe tomorrow. . . but I did update my blog telling about my exviting Fourth of July!

Anonymous said...

Those are all great authors! I'm definitely going to put CJ Mahaney's book on my want-to-read list. I think I remember hearing once before that it's very good.

I hope you're doing well! Have a good rest of the day!

~Amanda