Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

Humility

I recently finished Humility: True Greatness by C.J. Mahaney. It is such an amazing book. I would highly recommend it. Anyway, today I was thinking about being truly humble. Having a servant's attitude. And I noticed so many things in my life in just the short hours of today how often I have pride in my heart. Not showing total respect to my parents, asking my brother what little work he has done today.

And the list goes on. I realized that in asking what little work others have done, I am just trying to raise myself up above them because I considered myself to have worked oh-so hard today. While reading the book, I often found myself thinking,"Ah, yes, humility. I can do that." Little did I know that I had pride in my heart as I said it. I was thinking that I could do it on my own, effortlessly. I need to learn to fully rely on Him, completely aware of my own shortcomings. Humility is a hard thing. But we're supposed to do hard things.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Hi Megan,
First off I can not remember if I ever thanked you for emailing me your ideas for my blog.

I really was so glad to see your email and realy want to write a post about it.

However, I have been doing so bad concerning my blog. I am away for the summer working and have found no time at all for anything!! But I will write a post about it some day.

I was recently tagged and I thought this one was pretty neat and I automatically thought you and Suzanne would enjoy this one so I tagged both of you!!

Ginger~