Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Lukewarm?

Revelation 3:16, "So because you are lukewarm-- neither hot or cold-- I am about to spit you out of my mouth."

Is it really possible to be lukewarm?! He has done so much for us. He DIED for us. He didn't have to do that, he CHOSE to do that!! I have an amazing God. Sin has lost it's power. Satan is defeated. I suppose we can become lukewarm because even though Satan is defeated, he is still here on the earth, trying to discourage us.


Give me the love that leads the way, The faith that nothing can dismay, The hope no disappointments tire, The passion that will burn like fire, Let me not sink to be a clod: Make me Thy fuel, Flame of God. :::Amy Carmichael:::


Well, I have been feeling 'lukewarm' as of late. Well at my small group last night, I shared this and asked for prayer, for a renewed thirst in my spiritual walk with God. We started prayer by laying hands on one of the girls, and eventually we went around to the rest and laid our hands on them and prayed for them individually. What a blessing it was!! It was so encouraging to hear those girls, my dear friends, speak edifying words for each other. We four girls only prayed probably 15-30 minutes, but it really lifted my spirits. I ask that you'd pray for me. It seems hard to "find" time for God. He should truly be my main focus and desire, first and foremost.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture.
God is so good. I pray that He would give us a hunger to be closer to Him.
Blessings ,
GrandmaStarr

Tori said...

Hey there Megan! (Love your name by the way!)

It was wonderful to hear from you! Thanks so much for visiting my blog! It's always fun to get a comment! :)

I had a fun time reading your answers to that quiz! Those are always fun to take - it's a great 'getting to know you' game.

I will be back!! :-)

Stepheny said...

Hello! Thanks SO much for the comment you gave me on my blog! I love comments too... and I can't seem to get many "faithful" commenters lately.... yep- they read it............... BUT NO COMMENT! (????!!!!) You can add me to your blog roll if you'd like...

Steph