Pages

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

How is your perspective?

When a mother saw a thunderstorm forming in mid-afternoon, she worried about her seven-year-old daughter who would be walking the three blocks from school to home. Deciding to meet her, the mother saw her walking nonchalantly along, stopping to smile whenever lightning flashed. Seeing her mother, the little girl ran to her, explaining happily, "All the way home, God's been taking my picture!" Fear is often caused by our perspective.
~Anonymous


Where does your security lie? Is God your refuge, your hiding place, your stronghold, your shepherd, your counselor, your friend, your redeemer, your saviour, your guide? If He is, you don't need to search any further for security.

~Elisabeth Elliot

9 comments:

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki said...

He is all that to me!!

Noelle Otto said...

Amen, sister! Thank you for sharing this!

Tori said...

That's so good....I love that first quote. So thought provoking! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder! So good!

Anonymous said...

I know your name sake must be smileing down on you as she sees your commitment to our Lord.
I too am very happy for my wonderful granddaughter.

Love you lots,

Grandad, "Psalm 91"

Suzanne said...

What a lovely reminder! Thanks for sharing this :)

Ginger said...

Very true post!!!! I also wanted to let you know I am having a Christmas give away which is open until Wednesday!
Ginger~

Caroline said...

That is the coolest little story! Thanks for sharing, I will have to pass it along. :)