Pages

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Trials?

Since this past Easter I feel like God has been asking to give me trials. So I have prayed about it off and on. Not thinking too much about it. Just one of those things that you store in the back of your mind. So right now I am wondering if I just can't handle it or maybe the trials will slowly come.
Typically, I am quite joyful, but lately it seems like school has just been dragging me down. It could just be because I get to go home on Sunday for a month of Christmas break, but anyway, sorry that was a a tangent. :) Like I was saying... I really want God to break me of my pride, strip away all my comforts. This is really scary typing this because if I actually pray for this it could come true in the next hour. I want to be broken until I can depend solely on Him. I want to tell Him that He can take away this part from my life. Who am I to say what He can or cannot do?!!

Now you would think that after all this I am saying I would be digging into the Bible fervently. But truth be told, I haven't been diligent in my Bible reading as of late. Which is sad, because it should be a favorite thing to do in my day. If I can spend who knows how long on facebook, why can't I spend 30 minutes with just God. Why does that half-hour seem so long?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember, God knows your heart. Just live each day in His presence. You don't need to look for trials, they will come. Spend more time covering yourself with the Word, then you will be ready for all that is ahead of you.

Love you,
Grandad, "Psalm 91"