Pages

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Trials?

Since this past Easter I feel like God has been asking to give me trials. So I have prayed about it off and on. Not thinking too much about it. Just one of those things that you store in the back of your mind. So right now I am wondering if I just can't handle it or maybe the trials will slowly come.
Typically, I am quite joyful, but lately it seems like school has just been dragging me down. It could just be because I get to go home on Sunday for a month of Christmas break, but anyway, sorry that was a a tangent. :) Like I was saying... I really want God to break me of my pride, strip away all my comforts. This is really scary typing this because if I actually pray for this it could come true in the next hour. I want to be broken until I can depend solely on Him. I want to tell Him that He can take away this part from my life. Who am I to say what He can or cannot do?!!

Now you would think that after all this I am saying I would be digging into the Bible fervently. But truth be told, I haven't been diligent in my Bible reading as of late. Which is sad, because it should be a favorite thing to do in my day. If I can spend who knows how long on facebook, why can't I spend 30 minutes with just God. Why does that half-hour seem so long?
Post a Comment