Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

II Corinthians 12

I will not boast about myself except in my weaknesses. Verse 5

Hm. I don't do that very often. 

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions. For when I am weak, then I am strong. Verses 9 and 10


Perfect in weakness. Weak, then I'm strong. The Christian life is full of oxymorons. Unfortunately, sometimes morons as well. But the thing is, we're all morons. We've mocked God whether we know it or not. Whether we admit it or not. It's truth. We boast constantly of all of our own accomplishments which is nothing compared to what God has done. How often do we talk about our weaknesses? And brag about them? I certainly don't. But it's only when we come before God, knowing we are nothing, that we realize (granted, only partially) what he has done for us. If God gave us what we deserve, it would be hell. Yeah, I said it. H-E-double toothpicks. That's what we deserve. But it isn't what God offers us. He offers us redemption when we least deserve it. I don't claim to understand it. And I don't claim I ever will. I don't understand alot of what He does. Wow. What did I do to deserve such a saving power in my life? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Thanks for the great thoughts, Megan. Our Lord is so faithful! You hit on one of the themes for PBC 2009. We're gonna miss you!Love the pic!

Jen said...

Hi Megan! I haven't visited here in quite some time. Must say I liked this post...

I'll be dropping by again soon!