Pages

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Blessed

Well looking back on this past year, I realize (probably only partially) how much I have been blessed. I have a family that supports me going to a Christian University and supports me in my dream to become a photographer. THANK YOU!!!! There are so many other things I am thankful for this year, but this is the thing that sticks out to me. Besides, with my goldfish brain, I don't remember (and may not be aware of) all of the things that have impacted me this year.

Lately I've been reading a book by Elisabeth Elliott (I read Passion & Purity fairly recently- awesome book!!) called Be Still My Soul. I just got through the second chapter, but it is such a blessing to read. I just love it!

He may be asking us to... turn over to Him fears which hold us in bondage, to give up forms
ofself-improvement or recreation or socail life which hinder disobedience.
Afterwards, with a joyful lightness of spirit and awareness of God's active
involvement in ordering our happiness, we may wonder why we waited
so long
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Megan! That is a thought-provoking quote. I've been wanting to read Elisabeth Elliott's work for awhile now, and I think I will do that in the coming year. :-)