Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Perfect quietness

Humility is perfect quietness of heart. It is for me to have no trouble; never to be fretted or vexed or irritated or sore or disappointed. It is to expect nothing, to wonder at nothing that is done to me, to feel nothing done against me.


It is to be at rest when nobody praises me and when I am blamed or despised. It is to have a blessed home in the Lord where I can go in and shut the door and kneel to my Father in secret and be at peace as in a deep sea of calmness when all around is trouble. It is the fruit of the Lord Jesus Christ's redemptive work on Calvary's cross, manifested in those of His own who are definitely subject to the Holy Spirit.

::Andrew Murray::

4 comments:

Noelle Otto said...

Megan, that is really awesome...what book did you get that from? This really struck my heart...I'm definitely going to write this down in my 'excerpt-collection'!

Megan said...

Actually I just looked under the pride/humility section at dailychristianquote.com. Glad you like it so much!

Emily said...

I found your comment on a post about Feminine Friday. I admire the fact that you are young and are trying to wear long skirts. I too wear long skirts everyday. Not because of religiousness or rule (most everyone in our church wears jeans) but because my heart desires to be as modest as possible for my husband and my Lord.

christianrock_jf said...

hey megan guess what! I CAN GET IN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!