Pages

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Guilty

I attended my church's (Harvest Bible Chapel) Good Friday service tonight. It was amazing. They had this walk through, with art and a tactile experience (instruments of torture that they would use in Jesus' time) Anyway, the last part of it was when two guys in black robes stamped your hand in ink, as they said "Guilty!" The next part was taking a red sharpie and writing your name on a huge cross and then taking communion, sitting down and meditating on what Jesus has done.

The part that struck me most about the service, was that I am guilty. Guilty of putting my sins on the one holy man in the universe. The only one who didn't deserve one speck of punishment. I put him on that cross. My own sin and failures kept him up there.



i.
am.
guilty.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Wow! That would be a powerful service.