Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Have you applied it today?

While in church today, I was thinking. Do you have any idea of how fortunate we are to have Bibles in our pews? So many countries have people thirsting for God's Word. And we, who have countless Bibles in our churches and homes, hardly give it a second thought. Sure we will read it occasionally. And many page through it's wonderful words every day for devotions. But what about after that? Do we really apply it? We have the tools, but do we really use them? We need to get beyond just reading them, and actually apply it to our lives. We would be so changed, so altered, so...transformed. Our minds would be focused so much more than on this world! I challenge you (and myself) to apply God's Word, meditate on it, memorize it and apply it.



"The secret of my success? It is simple. It is found in the Bible, 'In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.'"
~George Washington Carver

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margaret, thanks for the challenge. I answer AMEN. Mom

Ginger said...

Great post and thought.
Ginger

Bethany said...

Great thoughts again, Megan!

And I had to laugh about your comment...my new profile picture is actually a self portrait!! (Don't you love trying to take those?! :) I was tickled with how it turned out. One important key is a clean mirror. [grin]

Have a great evening...(and with Charissa's birthday coming up, be watching for cute pictures on a blog near you!)

Kris said...

Thank you for the challenge... I readily accept it! Each morning I read a chapter of Proverds, and my goals is to find one verse to write on a sticky note, and place on my computer... to look at all day. Then the next day, I move that one to the wall and get another one! somedays it is hard to pick just one so there is 2 or 3 verse... very helpful!

Good luck on your test...I am sure you will do great... I just got done taking a test, I think it went well. Hugs to you this weekend I will being thinking of you!

Goldfish said...

That's a really good idea Kris!! I just might have to do that!! My room is lacking decoration, maybe Scripture is just what it needs! :)

Rachel Marie said...

Yes, Amen!!!