Pages

Thursday, October 04, 2007

A renewed thirst

These past couple days I have really gotten a renewed thirst for God's Word. It is so exciting!! I think it started with reading Elisabeth Elliot's Passion and Purity . Really good book, it talked about starting a spiritual journal, so I thought I would try it...again (usually I'm not good with journals). Well, we will have to see if I keep up with it, but last night I really enjoyed what I read. I Chronicles 29, verse 5: Now who is willing to consecrate himself today to the Lord? Consecrate: to be set apart or sacred. "NOW, who is willing...?" I love it! I really gave me something to think about. And verse 12, "In your hands are strength and power to exalt and to give strength to all." Through GOd's strength we can fully consecrate ourselves to the Lord TODAY!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Margaret, Keep a good journal and some day I predict you will write a book of your own that will help others on their walk through life. I can sense God guiding you all ready.


Love from Grandad, "Psalm 91"

Jacob said...

I love that part of Chronicles too. One of my friends wrote a really neat praise song about it. Maybe I'll get permission to post it one of these days.

Thanks for sharing! The Scripture really is awesome, and it's encouraging to see the example of your thirst.

Peace! -Jacob

A Heart of Praise said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. :) It's always nice to find new good blogs to read, I'm glad I found yours. :)

Thanks for sharing.:)

remo.da.drummer said...

wow I just got your comment today. Definitely haven't checked my blog in a while... anyway, I tried Picassa, and I don't really dig it. Lightroom is an adobe product that is for photo development, rather than editing. It's so amazing... it's the only way I get by with my camera lol. I'll have to hook you up with a copy, it will change your life

Ginger said...

The Journal sounds like a great idea. I am not raelly into writing in them either. Although, I do try once in a while:)
Ginger