Pages

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Sacred Singleness



I ordered this phenomenal book by Leslie Ludy from Amazon and it finally arrived in my cpo today. My goal is to get half way through it by tonight (it's only 184 pages). On every page so far I have at least one thing highlighted or underlined. It's so good. Making me see alot of things that I hadn't realized. But so far, the thing that it is stressing the most is that one can never be content with anything in life (specifically an earthly romance), unless Christ is your reason for living. And live a life completely abandoned and surrendered to Him.

Singleness is the incredible opportunity to be fully consecrated in body and spirit to Jesus Christ alone--to be undistracted by any other romance and free to be consumed by Him.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Amazing words. Something we should all learn.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree, Christ must be the center at all times