Pages

Friday, February 05, 2010

You've Got Mail

I finally saw all of You've Got Mail. Such a great movie. It sounds cliche, but they don't make good movies like that anymore. No cursing, no inappropriate scenes or innuendos. Their relationship started out as a friendship....well actually more of a hate relationship that eventually turned into a friendship :) Anyway....I want to be more like Meg Ryan's character. She is so fun and quirky. Besides that, when she said mean things she always genuinely apologized right after. She apologized to the man who ran her small corner bookstore out of business.
I should be better than that. I shouldn't say hurtful things.
Besides it having a great soundtrack, awesome plot and pretty good morals (Tom Hanks' father is quite the philanderer), it is centered on books!! What could make it any better? Nothing. But then, I guess I am partly biased. Books are amazing.
When you read a book as a child, it becomes a part of your identity in a way that no other reading in your whole life does.

3 comments:

Beth said...

You are already like Meg Ryan - fun and quirky!!

Linda said...

I LOVE Meg Ryan....this movie and Sleepless In Seattle are two of my favs. It's the type of movie that you can watch over and over and over and over..... :)

Tori said...

We LOVE You've Got Mail!!