Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Kuchen

Today, thanks to my fabulous Aunt Susan, I learned how to make kuchen. If you don't know what that is, let me inform your kuchenless mind (I pity you) of the wonders of custard pie. I was shocked how many people at Judson were oblivious to this delicious German piece of fabulous. I was equally amazed at how easy it is make kuchen.
The custard is half-and-half, flour, sugar, salt, and eggs. Make a sweet dough and put in the pie plate, then chocolate chips/peaches/or whatever your heart desires (I'm going to try raspberries from the garden!) unless you want a plain custard kuchen. Then pour the custard over the pie, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Throw it in the oven and devour the delectable wonderment.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol, we have a German bakery in my town...totally have this.

Ruth said...

Megan! Yummy! You are making me hungry... it sounds so delicious! :)

Holly said...

Oh, how I LOVE kuchen! If you're ever in my area, feel free to come over and make me some! I suppose I could even help. ;)