Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Dream

John Wesley tells of a dream he had. In the dream, he was ushered to the gates of Hell. There he asked, "Are there any Presbyterians here?" "Yes!", came the answer. Then he asked, "Are there any Baptists? Any Episcopalians? Any Methodists?" The answer was Yes! each time. Much distressed, Wesley was then ushered to the gates of Heaven. There he asked the same question, and the answer was No! "No?" To this, Wesley asked, "Who then is inside?" The answer came back, "There are only Christians here." (1 Corinthians 1:10-17)

4 comments:

Rachel Marie said...

That was SO good! Thanks for posting... How true!

BTW, I am a real John Wesley fan... ;-)

Amanda said...

Hi, thanks for leaving me a comment! It's always fun finding out who reads my blog. You've got a great title, btw. AIMING for perfection - that's great. :-)

Anonymous said...

Great post!
About the picture at the bottom of my blog, no I didn't take it unfortunately! :-( I really can't remember where I found it! :-)
Yes, Jesus Freaks is an awesome book and one of my favorites! Another one I Really like (I've read it 3 or 4 times) is Hearts of Fire. You should check it out if you haven't already read it if you enjoy Jesus Freaks!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and yes, Selah sings You Raise Me Up! I don't lik theirs as much as Josh Groban or CelticWoman, but it's okay.