Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A Phenomenal Book


Since I have posted so many quotes from Corrie ten Boom lately, I was wondering...have you read "The Hiding Place?" It is phenomenal book about a Christian family who helps hide Jews during World War II. As a result, they are put in the concentration camps. I re-read it about a year ago (I really should read it again) and the thing that I still remember is being thankful about lice-- I have had that so I was thinking, "How could you possibly be thankful for lice?" As it turns out, the guards wouldn't come into the barracks because of the lice!! The lice was a blessing very much in disguise, but because of it, Corrie and her sister were able to tell the other prisoners about God and His love. If you haven't read this book, please do, it is one that will stick in your mind forever.

You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble;
You surround me with songs of deliverance.
Psalm 32:7

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Oh, I totally agree! I've read many of Corrie ten Boom's books countless times. She's one of my heroes! But it's been awhile... You're making me want to dig out the Hiding Place again!

Bethany said...

Yes!!! I love that book! Several years ago I was constantly reading through it...as soon as I finished it, I'd start back over at the beginning! What a wonderful testimony Corrie's life is!