Pages

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Trusting God COMPLETELY!


One of my friends and I were talking the other day about trusting God... completely. George Muller trusted God completely for his orphanage and when they ran out of food, Mr. Muller prayed over the food (that wasn't there) and coincidentally a milk truck had an accident right in the front of the orphange and gave all the milk to the orphanage. What a coincidence!! :) Oh, how I can learn from that! When I read about some of these missionaries and martyrs that have such faith, it sometimes boggles my mind. Oh, how I wish it would come easily! (But then, I suppose it wouldn't be such an accomplishment :)


Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

~Martin Luther King, Jr~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings Margaret, I just finished reading all of your notes, and it makes me feel very proud and happy to sense the depth of your faith. We all need to Praise Jesus in all that we do and are. I had the privelage of meeting Corrie ten Boon several times. Remind me and I will show and tell one of her stories. Also, I am sending you a copy of Brother Lawrence "the Practice of the Presence of God".I read from every day, and I would like to challenge you to do the same with me. I know your grandmother must be very happy to have you share her name.
Much Love from your granpa Pauley

Bethany said...

Oh Megan -- that is so neat about your Grandpa meeting Corrie ten Boom! I'd love to hear his stories, too, as Corrie's books are favorites of mine, and her testimony is so powerful!

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome story, and also one of my favorites.
Great quote!