Pages

Friday, January 26, 2007

The Practice of the Presence of God

I just got this fantastic book, The Practice of the Presence of God, by Brother Lawrence, on Wednesday. (Thank-you, Grandpa!) It's a small book, but "it's not the quantity, but the quality that counts," right? So far, I've mostly only read the foreword, but I've got a few quotes already!!



"We can...retire from time to time to converse with Him in meekness, humility, and love. Everyone is capable of such familiar conversation with God..."
::~::
"You need not cry very loud; He is nearer to us than we are aware of."
::~::
"It is our one business, my brethren, to worship Him and love Him, without thought of anything else."


I have more written out, but I don't want to quote the whole book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan,
Glad you got the copy of "Brother Lawrence". I hope it will be a great help to you as you experience "The Practice of the Presence of God". I read from it every day and then reread it. Like the Bible, there is always something new and exciting each time. We got your picture calander today by mail. It is so special.Thank you. You have a wonderful gift for choosing your subjects and putting them to film. I remember the one from Hawai.I will keep checking in.
Much Love from Granpa,
"Psalm 91"

Rachel Marie said...

That does seem like a good book!


"You need not cry very loud; He is nearer to us than we are aware of."

So encouraging!

My Dad has read the book... maybe I should too! ;-)