Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What version?

For some reason, this question just popped into my mind:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ What version/translation of the Bible do you read? ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I mainly read out of a NIV study Bible
with notes on the bottom part of the page.

~
~
When I am reading the stories in the Jesus Freaks books about the people who sacrifice themselves for God's Word, I realize how easy I have it. I mean, I don't even know how many different translations/versions of the Bible we have in our house. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that is bad, not in the least. It just blows my mind (not literally :) to what lengths martyrs will go to to get a copy of the Scriptures.


If we are not interested in the Word of God,
can we really be interested in God?

Robert Godfrey

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Excellent post! What I have read of Voice of the Martyrs material is always so good. Thanks for passing on insights! To answer your question as to what version of the Bible I use...I use the NKJV, as well as the KJV occasionally.

Anonymous said...

I love your new profile picture!
We use several different versions of the Bible. It helps us get different perspectives. :-)

Kris said...

I like the quote it really made me think! I read the NKJV mostly, but every so often i will look in the KJV. I love your blog and the pictures of the puppies are so CUTE! they remind me of how small my puppy was last year! It is amazing how fast they grow!
Have a Great Day and thanks for all the comments on my blog I love hearing from you!

God Bless

Rachel Marie said...

I am a firm KJV only Christian.
It really bothers me the way so many verses and fundamental terms are omitted from all other versions.
I'll not go into great lengths about why I read the KJV only, but if you're interested, there are some really good articles on why the KJV Bible: www.jesus-is-lord.com/kjvdefns.htm
-Why I read the Authorized King James Version, or here, :http://www.geocities.com/
cobblestoneministries/whythekingjamesbible.html

-Why the King James Bible.
I guess the biggest problem I have with the NIV is it's omittion of Acts 8:37.
There are other omissions as well, that I think are critical parts of the Bible. Anyhow, my point isn't put anyone down for using another version... I'm just expressing my feelings. :-) So, please, no offense! :-)

In fact, if you'd like to hear more on the subject, you'd be welcome to e-mail me by clicking on the link on my profile... :-)

I enjoy your post, Meagan! Keep it up for Jesus! Blessings to you!!!