Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2007

I'm Not Cool


Scott Krippayne - I'm Not Cool
From the album All Of Me

Some people tell me that I look kind of funny
My nose is red and the braces don't work at all
They say that the clothes I wear are all out of fashion
I don't fit in and should be shopping at a different mall
I studied classical piano
When I could've been playing guitar
I used to drive an el camino
And I'm not even sure it's a car
`
Chorus:
I'm not cool but that's okay
My GOD loves me anyway
I'm not cool but that's alright
I'm still precious in His sight
I'm not cool but I don't care
How I'm supposed to do my hair
I'm not cool but that's okay
My GOD loves me anyway


It doesn't matter if I know all the lingo
He doesn't mind if I'm not hanging with a certain crowd
Some people still believe in building an image
But I am finding that's a worry I can do without
I used to wish I was athletic
But football was never my game
I made some friends in mathematics
But no one can spell my last name
`
Chorus
`
He says that I am one of a kind
And I don't have to try to be someone else
He believes in me and says that I'm free to be myself
I can be myself
`
Go to this link to hear (most of) the song: http://www.scottkrippayne.com/music.htm.
~
I just love this song!! It's such a fun(ny) song. Isn't it great that we don't have to be "cool" to be precious in His sight!? People usually can spell my name right. Notice I said people and not businesses that send out stuff! :D Anyways, I just like this song alot, what do you think?

3 comments:

Kris said...

This sounds like a good song I will have to buy it! Oh, I do have a digital camera but it is a small one the bigger one I have it is kinda old but it was my grandmas. I am not that good with it, so I have to mess around with is some more but so far it is a lot of fun.

Kori said...

I really like this song! They play it on the Christian radio station down here alot! :)

Kori said...

He was at my church this morning!! He did a few songs for us, sadly this wasn't one of them, but the ones he sang for us were wonderful! He has an amazing voice!