Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Luke 15:3-7

Then Jesus told them this parable: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.


When I was reading this passage, verse five really struck a visual picture in my mind. "And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home." I thought of a little girl being picked up by her daddy, and riding on his shoulders, after she had just fallen on the sidewalk and skinned her knee. In the same way, Jesus picks us up on His shoulders after we have stumbled and fallen. What a great comfort!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesus said that if you love me, then feed my sheep.
Margaret, you and your blog are certainly helping to encourage and "feed" all who will take the time to read and enjoy your thoughts.
Thank you for your special gift and effort.
Love from Grannpa "Psalm 91"