Pages

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Exciting Fourth of July

We (mom, dad, the boys, Trisha and I) went to Susan's house for the fourth again this year -- so fun! Homemade ice cream. Homemade root beer (that can be a little strong!) Anyway, delicious!

The boys were in charge of lighting most of the fireworks. One of them tipped over (one of the fireworks not a boy) and was shooting sparks, etc. at us! This happened a different year, too. The last time it hit Susan, but it didn't hit anyone this time, just scared us! :-/ :-)

Then when we were almost done, Robert was lighting a sparkler (for one of the boys). But then all the stuff that was on his lap (other sparklers, etc.) lit!!!!! He threw it off his lap so fast! We were laughing after that, but for about four seconds we were all so scared!! After that, Susan, Trisha, Scott and I went in to play spoons. Andrew joined in for a game or two later. Then we all went home and went to bed. Well, not all of us...

Trisha and I stayed up until 4:45 watching movies. And talked probably until 5:30. When we saw the twilight streaming through the doors, we figured that maybe it was a sign we should go to bed! :-)

` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `
Well, these are the top four pictures. Keep in mind that this is the first time I have attempted firework pics. But I gotta admit, I cropped some on the last one. :)










6 comments:

Jacob said...

Praise the Lord for protecting you guys. I hear too many stories about that kind of stuff-- and it doesn't always turn out so pretty. Last night, a girl in Omaha had her lungs punctured when a bottle rocket tipped over.

Take care! --Jacob

Unknown said...

Love your pictures! Now I need to post some.

Bethany said...

Wow -- that was an eventful night! So fun to hear what everybody does, or what their traditions are! And I love your new profile pic, too! It's so you! Way to go!

Kris said...

I am glad that you had a good fourth! You have some cool traditions! like homemade ice cream... i have only had that once... but is was GOOD! your fireworks picturse look great... wait till you see mine!!! (Yikes) haha

I also Love the new profile picture... it is lovely!

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a fun Fourth! I've never heard of homemade root beer. Interesting. Those pics are stunning! No smoke to be seen. I'm very impressed. :-)

Noelle Otto said...

Very nice pictures Megan! We got some good ones too...I guess I'm rather due for an update, aren't I?? :/