Pages

Friday, July 06, 2007

Growth

And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God.

Colossians 1:10


The right manner of growth is to grow less in one's own eyes.
~Thomas Watson~
`

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

II Peter 3:18

A state of mind that sees God in everything is evidence of growth in grace and a thankful heart.
~Charles Finney~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings Megan,
It was great talking to you yesterday. Again you have bloged one of my favorite verses, only I include a few more verses. Col. 1, 9-13. I think I have receited it to you before. I use my own paraphrase.
Your pictures and writeings are so inspireing.

Much Love from Granpa "Psalm 91"

Bethany said...

Megan -- that last quote is so powerful! To truly see God in everything...the first time! I tend to maybe gripe or complain, and then try to give thanks and see how God is working! What a challenge, thanks for posting! :D

Ryan H said...

Amen!

Noelle Otto said...

Good one, Megan! Growth, growth, growth! And it's not even spring! ;)

Rachel Marie said...

Wow, those quotes are very powerful... especially the one from Charles Finney...
I recently heard a preacher say that a state of mind that sees God in everything is also the evidence of a pure heart... "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."
Wow, I had never thought of it that way...! Another evidence of "growth." :)

Thanks for posting, Megan! I love your pics! ;)

Me said...

I loved the pix! They are really good, they would make a great cover for a church's program. And it flowed with the verses.

Ginger said...

I loved the pictures. You really have a knack for putting the right kind of pictures with the verses you post. Loved it!
Ginger